Opening Insights: We are losing...
Big Brother is watching you.
We are losing control. We all know, but who really cares? Who has the power to stop the speeding train?
The Big Tech powerhouses are not taking over, they have taken over. As retail stores close in favor of online power, marketing is dying as advertising takes over.
Informational Insights: Big Brother is Taking Over, Who Cares?
...Consolidation of revenue continues, with Amazon, Microsoft, Oath, Twitter and Snap spending $29 billion, compared to Google-Facebook spending a staggering $169 billion in 2018.
With this blatantly left-leaning cartel totally dominating the digital advertising market with boycotts and blacklisting, it’s more bad news for free speech and the free press....
Over the next five years, this cabal’s growth is projected to grow in double digits – “making life miserable for everyone else, particularly publishers,” warns the report.
Other highlights, or lowlights, of the report, depending on your point of view:
- Digital will encompass 50 percent of all ad spending in 2022.
- 80 percent of all digital ad spending will go to the duopoly in the next five years.
- The rest of the digital market will decline by 11 percent this year.
“If this is not the time for government to reign in this cartel to maintain freedom of speech in the most important communications market in the world, I don’t know when it might be,” said Joseph Farah, the internet pioneer who founded the first independent online publishing concern in 1997 and who has been warning of disaster imposed by what he calls “the speech code cabal."
Possibilities for Considerations
Big Tech is over taking. They are controlling the market with advertising and marketing is becoming a thing of the past. The problem is without marketing businesses are unable to create their market and maintain market loyalty.
Take a minute and consider some fundamental principles of marketing and advertising
- Advertising is the expansion of the market
- Marketing is the creation of a market
Loyalty is created. Loyalty is a belief and a commitment, not a reaction. Advertising is a reaction.
- What if organizations could take back their power, create their market and grow their customer based into Customers for Life?
- What if organizations could take back their power and rebuild their market, and overcome the controls of Big Tech?
- What if organizations could take back their power and build an internal and external loyalty base?
Add Your Insight: Be the Change...
“It is not possible for any thinking person to live in such a society as our own without wanting to change it.”