Opening Insights: A Viking CEO and A Passionate Chairwoman (and Narrative Therapist)
We are not pursuing Artificial Intelligence to beat humans...
we are pursuing AI so that we can empower every person and institution that people build with tools of AI
so that they can go on to solve the most pressing problems of our society and our economy...
Microsoft Ignite Sept. 2016
Inspired by the vision and direction of Satya Nadella's 2016 Ignite address, a crack group of Microsoft Partners actualized his dream. Driven by AwareComm®, a quad Gold Research and Development Partner, together with a handpicked group of crack Microsoft Partners, the first Teams Collaboration App (Co-Lab™) was created. It was created with a technology that started on the desktop and now reaches to the Microsoft Cloud.
August 2018 marked another milestone as an international panel met, led by Satya. The panel conversation focused on how we as individuals, teams and organizations, can create an environment where everyone can do their best work. Satya stated, "At Microsoft, we strive to embody a growth mindset – a continuous practice of learning, renewal and having the courage to confront our own fixed mindsets. This means fostering a culture that is diverse and inclusive and values the unique perspectives and experiences of each individual."
On August 15th, 2018 two people from opposite ends of the earth met. They connected online in the International AwareComm Collaboration Laboratory (Co-Lab™), hosted aboard the Midnight Sun, a 68 ft. sailing vessel and the first AwareComm Co-Lab Institute™.
Using the AwareComm Co-Lab™ platform, a blend of technology, methodology, human understanding and data science, they joined in a union of passion, purpose, skill and wisdom. The one man, a wise old Viking, Dr. Richard Jorgensen; the other woman a slightly younger distinguished Chairwoman, retired nurse and Narrative Therapist, Anne Clilverd.
- Anne Clilverd, wielding the power of the Pets as Therapy (PAS) organization she passionately chairs and champions, is responsible for 6,000 volunteers across the United Kingdom, with the defined and planned mission to expand to 20,000+ by 2020. As a team leader, mental health nurse (for over 30 year) and student of the father of Narrative Therapy, Michael White, she dreams of a world in which her two passions blend – her love of people and animals. She faces the challenge of expansion within an organization that is heavily dependent on not only her leadership, but her guidance, management and work. Hence expansion, scalability and sustainability of the organization are recurring issues.
- Dr. Jorgensen, wielding the power of the Microsoft Partner Network, is a shepherd for humanity's leaders – transitioning adversity to diversity, through AwareComm Co-Lab™ collaboration.
This was the first time Anne and Richard had met, but as you will see in Anne's reflections below, it certainly will not be the last. They joined hands across time, continents, oceans and cultures. Their similarities and differences were embraced with attention, respect and appreciation. Using a unique proprietary Socratic Process, a sense of equal but different, laid the foundation for a partnership of true followship-leadership to evolve and flourish.
Informational Insights: Reflections from Anne, Chairwoman Pets as Therapy, a Growing Followship-Leader in the AwareComm International Co-Lab™
I just wanted to say how good talking to you was for me. Thank you for taking the time and for introducing me to Kami – lovely to see your connection. Narrative ideas and Michael White felt very present.
So much to think about, I would just like to share a few of my reflections.
The story of you and your horse, reminded me of the gentleness and wisdom of animals – I remember the comfort of a horse feeling your feelings. This led me to think of the work I had done over the years and how often I would just sit with the chaos of others feelings who came to consult with me. Someone once talked of holding onto hope and how sometimes we need to do that for each other.
I liked the way you described working with similarity and difference – the idea of how we can complement each other and how that makes us together, so much stronger. This chimed with some of the central principles of narrative that is we are all experts of our own lives, the problem is the problem, the person is not the problem, and we are all people through people. Your conversations reminded me of the joy the workshops were, places for people to collaborate and work together to make lives better.
Thank you for taking the time to speak with me, I look forward to our next meeting in the Co-Lab™.
Chairperson Pets as Therapy
Possibilities of Consideration: Be the Change
Successful leaders do not do anything coming from power.
Successful leaders take action coming from a place of integrity and clarity of
what is, what is believable and what is achievable.
Rather than preaching, they walk a path and seek to
'be the change they want to see in the world.'
True leaders lead by example. True leaders lead by followship-leadership.
True leaders bring solutions and raise others up,
with faith and humility – knowing we get what we give.
Anne's reflections are sincere and profound. The depth of her partnership with AwareComm®, the Co-Lab™, her volunteers and animals, along with a commitment to humanity is not only witnessed in her eloquent words, but demonstrated by her footsteps.
Partnering with the AwareComm Co-Lab™ offers a gateway to provide PAS the tools and resources to more effectively organize, manage and package their direction, mission and people. More importantly it supports Anne's vision of expansion and scalability independent of her leadership, and at the same time allows her to blend her two passions – Pets as Therapy and Narrative Therapy.
Anne is on the path to becoming the leader of a Pets as Therapy Co-Lab™, focused on transforming and empowering people young and old with the wisdom, spirit and gifts of animals. Working with powerful partners within businesses, organizations and schools, Co-Labs™ provide the eFabric to gently weave a tapestry of spiritual principles and philosophies into the hearts and minds of the people – providing empowered, scalable and deliverable solutions for all generations.
- What if you could be a part of cultural transformation?
- What if you could be a part of empowering your organization, community and country?
- What if you could be a part of the social, economic and cultural growth and empowerment of your world?
- What if you could do something to reverse the addiction problems within businesses, communities and schools?
- What if you could create value for your people, employees, families, organizations, communities and country?
- What if you could share your wisdom, insight, knowledge and experience to help educate others?
- What if you could be a part of a solution to unite and support people in developing collective and individual sentience?
Add Your Insight: Living Your Passion…
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world;
indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.
Let’s start listening and let’s start giving.
We share a common cause and love. There are many like us.
The question is not why to explore the Pets as Therapy Co-Lab™, the question is why not? Let’s unite and give back to our organizations and communities not in words, but in action!