Opening Insights: Seeking Clarity
A moment's insight is sometimes worth a life's experience.
OLIVER WENDELL HOLMES
A Collaboration Laboratory Institute (Co-Lab™) focuses on empowering cultural transformation, raising human intelligence (with experiential learning) and restoring solidarity at work, home, worship and play, while neutralizing the impact of the “Shadow” Culture. Co-Labs use a unique blend of technology, methodology, human understanding and data science, providing knowledge of what is right, so people can see what is wrong.
Developing an intelligent [eco]system with the purpose of attaining cultural solidarity requires that we seamlessly connect multiple functions to create a natural, organic flow that becomes a fabric that weaves itself through the culture of any organization.
Recently, a group of entry level employees and a store level manager came together for a private Co-Lab™ workshop aboard the Midnight Sun, the prestigious 68 ft. sailing vessel in the beautiful San Diego Bay. Through the direction, leadership, collaboration, discovery and exploration within the safety and transformational experiential learning environment of the Co-Lab™, each participant began to develop individual and collective sentience and empowerment. Leadership and Followship emerged. Here is the journey of a follower...
Informational Insights: Finding Clarity
From humble beginnings a natural follower-leader emerged. He was an American from a humble hard working family. He was the first in his family to go to college.
He was respectful, street smart and humble. Yet, he was struggling to find his place in the world. As he explored the tangled web of academia he sought to carve out a place for himself in this world. He sought a place of passion, purpose, skill and wisdom.
His whole life people told him WHAT TO THINK AND WHAT TO DO. He had yet to discover HOW TO THINK AND HOW TO DO.
As he stepped aboard the Midnight Sun with his colleagues and friends, he committed himself to the development of an Employee Empowered Co-Lab™ workshop. Like many, he experienced the clarity of the opportunity before him and the air of wisdom and reverence that embodied the power of the mission, vision and goals of the Co-Lab™ environment and its visionary leader. He met a man, he recognized and learned he could trust and together they made a commitment to do...
As he learned, he assessed; as he learned, he applied; as he learned, he discovered; as he learned, he followed; as he learned, he united.
The education of life and business he uncovered was undeniable, as the principles of life (participation and contribution) became clear for him. The importance of the Co-Lab™ not just for himself, but for the world, became crystal clear.
Leading up to the trip I was extremely excited to meet the AwareComm founder and visionary CEO in person and start to dive in to this journey that we have embarked on together. The work that we did and the conversations that we had exceeded my expectations. By all of us coming together in person at one location, I feel like the Employee Empowered Co-Lab™ workshop had more depth and clarity than others before it. Conversations flowed smoother and I was personally more comfortable asking questions during the talk rather than after it.
That word, clarity, is what I needed most this past weekend. Whether I knew it or not.
Just to have a break from the daily routine of waking up at seven in the morning to attend lectures, then rushing back to my dorm in order to get ready to work an eight-hour shift made it worth the time and effort. Often, I find myself lost and fuzzy when it comes to the “big picture goal.” Being able to step away from my daily routine allowed me to clear my head of the mundane chores that I go through every week.
After this Employee Empowered Co-Lab™ workshop, I believe I was able to realign my priorities and get on the path that I originally wanted to be on when I began this journey. Kind of like the feeling you get after cleaning your room. This sense of clarity was well worth the miles traveled.
A summary of what I learned:
- In every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction
- People are conditioned to behave the way they do by their environment, for example "The Experiment."
- Co-Lab allows us to learn how to see, think about, and organize the truth.
- Goal is to create power.
- Power allows us to do anything we want
- Socratic Feedback
- Understand the correct question
- Give valuable feedback
- Learn how to collaborate in a Socratic meeting
- Conditioning that we’ve been given tells us that we’ve never learned a place/structure to deal with fear.
- Fear is the anticipation of something that hasn’t happened yet
- We’ve been trained to disregard trust
- Unions didn’t protect the employees. They gave them wage increases and at the most a job, but not a career.
- Employee Followship-Leadership
- Put boots on the ground
- Don’t take control, take charge. Work to fix the problem.
- Use company resources
- Bandwidth, computers, workspaces
- Community funding
- Philanthropy Incentives
- Fund us and we’ll solve the problem and give you the research
- Homelessness, addiction of all forms will be solved
- Train employees in work/business ethics
- Know who to trust
- Skill, dependability, and intent
- Crafts a vision for the organization
- Monitors and protects the organization’s culture
- Do your best
- Take care of each other
- Take care of business
- Purpose of this workshop
- How to empower people
- How to build a winning team
- How to build a culture of change
- Gears of Life
- Values, beliefs, decisions, actions, results
- Team Culture: Perceptions, Attitudes, Thinking, Feelings, Behaviors
- Perceptions: see all the dots
- Attitudes: willingness
- Thinking: strategy (conscious/non-conscious)
- Feelings: satisfaction
- Behaviors: Skill to Wisdom
- Unconscious thoughts appear as uneasy feelings to ourselves
- Can’t tell the difference between an old emotion and a feeling
- All based on past events-Emotion
- 5 Stages of a Company
- Birth: An idea takes shape resulting in a definable/deliverable product or service, capable support, & profit
- Growth: creativity, passion, spontaneity, opportunities
- Maturity: control and keeping the status quo
- Senility: resistance, inefficiency, apathy
- Death: Bankruptcy, dissolution
- To build a company a foundation needs to be put down
- Foundation = Culture
- What is Culture?
- The combined perceptions, attitudes, thinking, and behaviors in a group
- It is a determining factor in the success of a company
- Comes from an individual’s spirit, which is influenced by its environment
- Next Steps:
- Build up our team to present solutions to problems that we face in our daily jobs.
Possibilities for Consideration: Better Together
Discovery and learning is an interesting process... nothing happens unless we take action and take that first step. That first step is often easier to do when we do it together.
- What if you could be a part of cultural transformation?
- What if you could be a part of empowering your organization and community?
- What if you could be a part of the social, economic and cultural empowerment and growth of your world?
- What if you could do something to reverse the addiction problems within businesses, communities and schools?
- What if you could do something of value for your people, animals, organizations, communities and country?
- What if you could share your wisdom, insight, knowledge and experience to help educate others in the application?
- What if you could be a part of a movement to unite and support people in developing collective and individual sentience?
Add Your Insight: Together, We WIN!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.