Technology Evolution or Revolution? Part 3a – Realities of Seduction
The Realities of the Seduction – Everyone is Connected, But No One is Communicating
Looking Back, Moving Forward: In the previous eMod Buddy Blog, Technology Seduction, you got a taste of how we have been seduced into taking the medicine that is actually killing our freedom and privacy. In this next eMod Buddy Blog, you will learn more about the insidious nature of this seduction.
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States,
and there has always been.
The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread
winding its way through our political and cultural life,
nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that
‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
~ Isaac Asimov ~
The Technology Evolution has evoked a wave of anti-intellectualism as Isaac Asimov defined. This wave has resulted in a cultural “need” for artificial intelligence, which under the guise of convenience is eroding our freedom, free-will, privacy and in many ways our very existence.
Technology has seduced us and “evolved” our culture into one of disconnect and distrust where: “everyone is connected, but no one is communicating.”
We distrust ourselves and others.
We distrust what others (and what we):
We have lost awareness of our needs. We value control, money, power and prestige over ethics. We have lost our personal power and identities, and allowed “wants” to dictate our drives, actions and motivation.
We have lost ourselves. We have lost one another.
We have lost…
- Our Self-Identity
- Our Freedom / Free Will
- Our Privacy and Security
- Our Creativity (Self-Expression)
- Our Spiritual, Emotional and Physical Connect to Ourselves and Others
The Technology Evolution Has Seduced Us into The Age of Narcissism
This age has conditioned culture(s) to believe that THE GREAT “I” is most important… and “I” deserves to be happy, successful, powerful. Thus, in the blink of an “I”, a post, a tweet, an Instagram, a ping… turns friends into enemies, families into strangers, employees into competitors and communities into pieces (divided).
This age of narcissism has resulted in cultures of:
- Intellectual Deficiencies
- Skewed Values and Priorities (Search Engines Determine Our Priorities and Insight (Google)
- Dependency and Addiction – Obsessive / Compulsive Need for Outside Validation
- How many [Facebook] “Friends / Followers” determines popularity and likeability
- How many “Likes” I have determines self-esteem and self-worth.
- Paralysis and Bankruptcy
- Spirituality – Morality and Ethics Vanish
- Emotionally – Immaturity, Impulsiveness and Anger form Character and Personality
- Physically – Disconnect, Dis-ease and Dysfunction invade the Imbalanced System (Body)
The result of the Technology Seduction and subsequent Age of Narcissism is a population that is “easier” to control, and thus an economy that is easier to manipulate. We see the results of this seduction in the decline of our economic growth and increasing shortage of talent / human capital.
Business is paying the price.
Communicating with the market has become more challenging:
- Harder to get interest
- Harder to sell
- Harder to deliver
- Harder to keep customers happy
- Harder to maintain and stabilize costs
- Harder to find and train the right employees and keep them
- Harder to find profit for reinvestment to meet the needs of a changing market
So what do we do?
Well, if you had a splinter stuck in your finger… what would you do?
You would take it out, of course!
But the question is NOT WHAT you would do, BUT HOW you would do it!
Learn more about “NOT WHAT, BUT HOW” in the next eMod Buddy Blog!